Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ben's vitamin story

Ben turned three years old this week! So I am going to back track and tell some fun stories about our Benjamin that have happened recently so that I never forget this wonderful time in our lives.

I take several pills every morning and one morning Nick asked me why I take so much medicine. So I explained each one. Prenatal vitamin to put back the vitamins that Andrew takes out with nursing, Calcium to make my bones stronger, iron for my blood so that I am not too tired (I am always anemic), and a baby-aspirin for my varicose vein so it doesn't hurt so bad. When I explained the baby aspirin I reached down and rubbed the back of my knee were the bulk of my nasty vein is.

Later that morning Ben brings me his chewable kids dinosaur vitamin, holds it up to me, and then reaches down and rubs his leg like I did. He says "Yes?" and I ask, "Is that to help your leg?" and he says "yes!", pops the vitamin in his mouth and walks off. Funny kid! He is always observing and often copying!

No comments: